Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thoughts on Faith

As I drove home today I was listening to K-Love and a couple of my favorite worship songs came on the radio.  I sang along and began thinking about my relationship with God.  See, I've known God my whole life.  I was raised in a Christian home and can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't going to church and spending time with God.  Now don't get me wrong.  I am far from the perfect Christian.  I go days without reading my Bible.  (That's something I'm trying to fix.)  Many of my prayers are one or two liners, not an hour long or even a half hour.  I've often wondered how much I rely on Him because there was no obvious life-changing experience for me.  He has just always been there.  As I thought about this and listened to the music, I realized something.  I am FREE!  I always heard people talking about being free from various forms of bondage because they placed their trust in Christ but I never felt free from anything before.  I guess it's just that I usually hear about bondage such as substance abuse or addictions so I never realized that I am free, as well.  Not only am I free from those things because He has kept me from them but I am free from a life of constant worry over finances and my family's health and well-being.  Yes, I still worry sometimes about those things but it's always temporary because I know that my faith and trust in the Lord.  He will not give my any difficulties that He will not carry me through.   I know this doesn't seem like much to many of you but for me it was a wonderful realization.  Thanks, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment