Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ready, Set, JOE!!!

I have been searching for months for a one-cup coffee maker that just sits on the mug and brews it right into the cup.  The reason I wanted one is because I'm the only one in our house who drinks coffee and I don't always want to brew more than just a cup.  While I like my french press, I don't always have coarsely ground coffee on hand (and I don't want to wake the children by using the grinder) and I'm not a huge fan of cleaning it.  So I wanted something that would be easy to use for when I just want one cup with minimal clean-up.

I finally found one online in December by Melitta.  It's called the "Ready, Set, Joe" and it got pretty good reviews.  It's top-rack dishwasher safe and fits most mugs.  They sell it for $3 -$7 online and then, of course, you have to pay for the shipping which is usually at least $5.  I didn't want to pay that much so when I saw it on the Kitchen Collection website I decided to go to our local store to see if they have it.  Unfortunately, they didn't but they did say they'd order it.  I called every few weeks to see if it was in and finally last week it was!  So I went over there and got one for $2.99 plus tax.  I wanted black but all they had was red.  Oh well, it's just a kitchen gadget.  It doesn't really matter what color it is.

So I used it for the first time today and it works very well.  All you need is a #2 cone filter, some coffee, and some boiling water and you're good to go.  



So once you put the cone on your mug, put in a filter.  Then put the amount of coffee grounds you like in the filter.  Pour the boiling water over the grounds in a circular motion.  You can watch the coffee filter into your mug through the openings at the bottom of the cone.  This helps you to make sure it does not overflow out of the mug.




When the cup is full to your liking, remove the cone and your coffee is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment