Friday, March 5, 2010

Coffee in an Instant


So, as you may have figured out, I love coffee!  My sister-in-law (my husband's brother's wife) shares this love, as well as the love of chocolate.  We have great bonding over coffee and chocolate.  Anyway, since they live about 10 hours away from us by car, we don't get to see them very often, which makes me sad.  So at Thanksgiving we sent our Christmas presents for them with my mother-in-law and father-in-law and they sent theirs to us this past weekend through the in-laws as well.  

This is what I got, a Starbucks Via Ready Brew mug.  It is a 10 oz. travel mug that holds 6 Via Ready Brew packets on the bottom so, as long as you refill the mug with packets, you always have coffee available if you have your mug with you.  All you have to do is empty the packet in the mug and fill it with hot water up to the fill line.  To put the packets in the storage compartment, you just unscrew the bottom and put them in.  Then just put the bottom back on.  This is very convenient if you want a cup of coffee but only have access to hot water.  I love that you don't have to worry about finding a packet of instant coffee because it's already in the mug.  I've also found the Starbucks Via Ready Brew to be the highest quality instant coffee I've ever had.  It's not as good as brewed but it's not bad at all.  It doesn't taste burnt like some of the other brands.  You can get three different kinds:  Columbia (Medium), Italian Roast (Extra Bold), and Decaf Italian Roast (Extra Bold). 

While I love my Melitta Ready Set Joe, I can see that this mug will also be useful for those times when I don't have even 5 minutes to make a cup of coffee but really want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment